When your business needs to have a banner made, you are typically going to be presented with two different material choices, mesh or vinyl. Here is a benefit comparison on how the benefits and differences between these two great types of banner materials.
#1 Vinyl Banners
Vinyl banner materials are often considered the "typical" materials for banners. It is one of the most common types of banner materials that you see businesses use.
- Affordable: One of the biggest benefits of vinyl banners that is that are generally really affordably. They usually do not cost that much if you go with basic color scheme for printing and will not break your marketing budget. Even if you upgrade the banner, with more colors and advanced graphics, they still fall in the more expensive but affordable range.
- Customizable: Vinyl banners are very easy to customize so that they meet the exact needs of your business. The size of the banner can be easily customized. You can use very basic colors or you can have a full colored picture with all the colors that you want on your banner. You can add extra grommets to make it easier to hang up the banner. You can change pretty much every feature of a vinyl banner.
- Sturdy: Vinyl banners are also very sturdy and durable. They can withstand all sorts of weather conditions, from high winds to rain and snow, without getting damaged. They can easily be cleaned by wiping them down with water and they can also be stored and reused easily.
#2 Mesh Banners
Mesh banners are also a great material to make banners out of, although they are not as common as vinyl banners. Mesh banners look solid; however, when you get up close you can see that there are tiny holes all over the banner.
- Variable Weather: Mesh banners work really well when there is variable weather. The tiny holes on the mesh banners allow wind to flow through the banner, so if you live somewhere that is really windy, this can be a great way to put up a banner outside that will withstand the weather without getting damaged. This type of banner is great if you intend to primarily use the banner outside.
- Long-Lasting: Mesh banners tend to be long-lasting due to the way that they are constructed. Mesh banners are made to withstand the most extreme weather conditions, making them great if you want to hang the banner up at a lot of outside festivals and events.
- Expensive: Mesh banners tend to cost more than vinyl banners due to their unique construction. You are most likely going to have to invest more money into a mesh banner than a similar vinyl banner with the same colors and designs.
When choosing banner material, such as from Apogee Signs, think about how you want to use the banner, where you will be using it, how long you want it to last, how you want to customize it and how much money you have to spend when deciding between vinyl and mesh banner materials.